Standard Conditions of Room Hire of the Community Centre
The following are a list of conditions under which HEDCA (the Club) agrees to hire the hall to the person named on the booking form, and to which the person booking agrees to be bound.
- ALCOHOLIC DRINKS not purchased at the bar are NOT PERMITTED onto the premises under any circumstances.
All drinks including wine orders must be supplied by the Association’s Licensee.
- A refundable deposit of the cleaning/damage fee must be paid at the time of the booking, with the balance to be paid no less than 14 days before the event. Drinks accounts must also be settled prior to function.
- No notices, posters, plans or decorations are to be fixed to any part of the premises without prior permission. (Please check with the Bar Manager as to what time you are allowed entry to “dress” the Hall.) All decorations must be attached with either string or blue tack. You must not use tape of any kind as this causes damages to the paintwork.
- No gas cylinders or material creating a fire risk must be brought onto the Centre. Under no circumstances must any emergency or other exit be blocked or restricted in any manner.
- The booking party is responsible for the behaviour of their guests at all times. Violent and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated at any time. You will appreciate that we do have neighbours and would request that your guests leave quietly at the end of the evening.
- Last orders are called at 23:30 and you must clear the hall by Midnight, music must cease by 11:30. The person hiring shall ensure that the cleaning up of the hall/room is carried out within 30 minutes of the last orders, with tables left clear, floor swept where necessary and rubbish taken away. Failure to do so will result in your deposit being retained.
- If any children under the age of 18 are found to be drinking alcohol, the event will immediately be shut down with no refund of the booking fee being given.
- The person hiring shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the Centre stipulated by the Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority, and the Local Authority or otherwise and for complying with the General Rules governing the use of the Community Centre including noise nuisance which should be reduced by closing windows & fire doors at 9pm.
- The person hiring must notify the Association of your requirements as to the provision of refreshments or the use of kitchen facilities and shall be responsible for any extra charges incurred. You must give details of the caterers 14 days prior to the function. This is not applicable if family, and friends cater the function.
- The Association accepts no responsibility whatsoever for property or goods left on any part of the Centre. The hirer shall be responsible of his own insurance against any third-party claims, which may be made against him or his organisation.
- The person hiring, during the period of the booking, shall be responsible for supervision of the premises, fabric and contents, the safety thereof from damage however slight or other change of any sort, and behaviour of all persons using the Centre whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction on or off the Centre site.
- The person hiring shall indemnify the Community Association for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building during as a result of the booking.